Monday, December 7, 2009

colors


Orange is not a pretty color.  It happens to be my favorite color.  Ever since my dad started coaching the Tigger's Tigers soccer team in 4th grade I have loved the color orange.  Orange socks, orange purses, orange kitchen utensils!  How do I incorporate such an informal color into such a formal event?


Coral is one idea.  While still possessing the brightness I love, it is soft and elegant.  But what do I pair it with? Navy blue? Emerald Green?




Another idea is to stick with the bright color in its truest form that I know and love.  I could hold a bouquet of tiger lilies and bring on a fiery summer theme to my end-of-summer wedding.  I could still pair it with Navy blue...or maybe yellow...




And what do I make my bridesmaids wear?  I don't think they will be happy looking like this:




In all my indecisive-ness, There is one color scheme I've decided I DON'T want---the overdone fall hues theme.  Everyone knows summer is coming to an end and the leaves will soon be turning.  They don't need it shoved in their faces!


note: you can click on the pictures to enlarge.  Please leave feedback/comments/ideas!! Thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. hm this is a tough one lol. im using bright orange and yellow flowers to tone the orange down a bit. so theres always that option but that does get more into the "fall hues" lol, i also still think ur idea of using coral is very nice. u might really love just straight up orange though. its a beautful color that would go great with either blue or green :) i hope that was somewhat helpful, i'm an indecisive person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kat! I see you're looking at some of those snippet & ink boards I sent you. I say orange and navy blue... you could do a lot with that!

    In other news, I decided to get back to blogging... check it out! Hopefully I can keep it up this time.

    http://lalexander.org/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the input guys!
    To see my collection of inspiration boards and things I've collected from other wedding blogs and google images see here:
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa312/wildkat7253/weddingplans/colors/

    ReplyDelete
  4. edit: that link needs a space between wedding and plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0050487/large_image.jpg

    orange is awesome, love it!

    ReplyDelete