Sunday, May 2, 2010

checking more things off the list...

Yesterday we had a reception planning meeting with Taylor at Silver Swan.  We picked out table linens, talked about seating arrangements and started thinking about a timeline.  Silver Swan has undergone a lot of renovations since we booked it over the summer.  They have removed the large bar that they had before and now have more space for tables and flexibility in set-up arrangements.  They also got new carpets and added some more landscaping outside.  Everything looks really nice!
new seating area without the bar
new landscaping, fence and Adirondack chairs outside
table linens we picked out- midnight blue with organza overlay, white napkins (mom showing a beautiful sample centerpiece!)

We also ordered invitations yesterday.  I can't wait to see how they look once they're printed!

I have had a hard time finding shoes to go with my dress.  Apparently you can't buy white shoes in stores, so I was limited to buying online.  The first pair I bought looked really nice, but they were terribly uncomfortable.
The second pair were a good style and pretty comfortable, but when I received them in the mail they looked terribly cheap... frayed edges and badly made.

The third pair was nice, but they were a little bit over the top and I just didn't love them.  They were super high so I was worried about my feet hurting.  I was also worried that the big tuft of tulle was a bit much and that they were so "bridal" looking that I didn't think I could possibly ever wear them again.

After buying and returning 3 pairs of shoes online, I fell in love with the 4th pair that I ordered.  They are absolutely perfect!!


Next up should be dress and flowers.  I haven't heard from the bridal shop about my dress being in yet, but I am hoping it comes soon!   We have met with a couple florists and have got some good ideas going, but haven't made a decision yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment