Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I made a blog!

For bridesmaids, friends, family or anyone else who might be interested in my wedding plans, I've decided to start a blog about them! We got engaged in July. This blog will be more focused on the planning aspect.

Right now we're mostly at the stage of figuring out the ceremony and reception. I have looked at probably 10-15 reception sites, and I think we've found a winner! (I may post later about each site and what I/we thought of it). Silver Swan bayside is located across the Bay from Annapolis, on Kent Island. It's a perfect size for our small wedding, and will have a great view of the sunset on the Chesapeake and USNA! The wedding coordinator and chef have been great to work with so far.

I also started looking for dresses yesterday! My mom, Sarah and Brittany came with me to Bridal Images in Rockville yesterday, where I tried on 7 or 8 dresses. The very first one I tried on was my favorite! The lady who helped me told me that 9 out of 10 brides end up buying the first dress that they try on! I was very surprised as it wasn't the same cut I had imagined I would like. Most bridal salons remove the tags from dresses so that you don't know the designer, and this one was no exception. Certainly understandable, as they don't want you to go find the dress cheaper online. Fortunately my mom is great at finding things like this, and found the dress online!

1 comment:

  1. im excited to see the dress! im soo stoked for the wedding and for you and my brother

    ReplyDelete